Aerospace Metal Finishers was founded in 2002 with a vision of becoming one of the world’s leading special process finishing companies for the Aerospace Industry. They obtained several approvals from some Leading Customers on the market during time:
- In 2003 they gained their first Prime approvals with Bombardier (now Spirit AeroSystems).
- In 2008 they gained approval for Boeing.
- In 2010 they gained approval for Airbus UK and then Airbus Germany in 2015.
- In 2014 they gained approval for MOOG Aerospace.
- In 2017 they gained Safran Aircelle approval.
- By 2020 they began BAE special process approval.
They signed up to SC21 in early 2014, gaining Bronze Award in September 2016 and maintaining it.
Their aspirations for the future are:
- To build on existing strong foundations and recognitions within our industry offering an excellent service to all current and potential customers;
- Plan to progress in 2023 to be considered for Silver award status upon their bronze re-assessment.
A quote from Roger Smyth, their Operations Manager: “Aerospace Metal Finishers Limited pride ourselves on ensuring we provide the best possible service in both quality and delivery to all our customers on a consistent basis.”
“SC21 has given us the tools we need to lead in a challenging and competitive marketplace. Change is good for business and as we evolve we have been able to differentiate ourselves from the competition. We continually ask ourselves, how can we improve, how can we create opportunity? We always ask our customer, where are your pain points, how can we be a better supplier? Post pandemic, we ask – how can we be your best supplier?”
“Our customers see us as partners providing solutions. We see ourselves as an extension of our customers.
That alignment and shared vision is our very essence, forming the basis of our communication and building our business relationships.”