Arrowsmith Engineering Ltd is a centre of excellence in Aerospace Precision. The company has been established for over 55 years and holds substantial aerospace accreditations, including AS9100, NADCAP, ISO 14001, Queens Award for International trade & is currently a SC21 OE Silver award holder.
Signed up to SC21 in 2008, they gained Bronze award in 2013, before progressing to Silver in 2016. They held awards since 2013. In 2017 they successfully conducted a pilot study, a final assessment for SC21 C&G and a SC21 project in 2021.
Objectives for the future of the company are:
- Focus on controlling key measures
- On-going improvements throughout the business
- Maintain our KPIs (performance) whilst increasing our turnover
- Expand customer portfolio
How are they going to do this?
- Maintaining award status and live CSIP
- Pushing for SC21 Gold
- Generally support the SC21 community
- Looking to achieve £7.4m by March 2023
As a nominated key supplier to a Blue Chip clientele, Arrowsmith has the ability to consistently manufacture and supply quality machined parts fully certified, on time and right first time.
They get involved the first time with SC21 to drive the business forward the Rolls-Royce Supplier Planning with an assessment score in 2018 of 93%.
Arrowsmith turnover grew from £6.6m in 2018 to £7.8m in 2020 but dropped to £4.3m during Covid.
They are looking to achieve £7.4m by March 2023 and more than £8m during the following year.
- Doosan CoBot 2019 Automated cell, Robotics to production parts in 2019;
- Automated 8 pallet system in 2022
- Further digitilisation and automation underway.
Arrowsmith has invested considerably to further increase capability, capacity and quality of service, and has seen all the possible benefits from the adoption of the SC21 programme:
- Leaner production
- Leaner processes
- Reduced set-up time
- Waste reduction
- Workforce involvement / motivation
- Improved workforce skills
- Improved use of internal business information
- Improved customer / supplier relationships
- Improved quality performance over the past 12 months
- Improved delivery performance over the past 12 months
A quote from the Managing Director, Jason Aldridge:
“We are very proud of this achievement as achieving and maintaining the SC21 Silver award level is not an easy task but the whole company has displayed the necessary commitment and attitude to support SC21 every step of the way. We are striving for SC21 Gold but it is very difficult with material and process house supply being effected.”