Here you can download the two mandatory diagnostics models of the SC21 programme and other tools and techniques.
Both the Manufacturing excellence and Business excellence diagnostics will be delivered through joint or self analysis between companies or supply chain groupings. The output from the diagnostic activity is used as an input to the joint Continuous Sustainable Improvement Plan (CSIP). As well as identifying opportunities for improvement there are scoreboard mechanisms embedded in both the Business excellence and Manufacturing excellence models which enable benchmarking and comparisons with other organisations to be conducted.
This approach has been developed from ‘lean manufacturing’ / ‘just in time’ philosophies. The model is equally applicable to large or small organisations in both high and low volume manufacturing environment. Manufacturing excellence is based on a set of widely established suite of tools and techniques which together make up a model for. The approach should also be complementary to other Lean techniques being deployed within Industry.
- MxP01 – Man Ex Assessment Process Guide 2019 ver 3 (1.28 MB)
- MxT01 – Man Ex Assessment Tool 2019 ver 3 (2.05 MB)
- MxT02 – Man Ex Scoring Workbook 2019 ver 2 (216 KB)
- MxT03 – Man Ex Report Template 2019 ver 2 (1.33 MB)
- MxT04 – Man Ex Self Assessment Workbook 2019 ver 3 (240 KB)
SC21: BUSINESS EXCELLENCE DIAGNOSTICS
The model is used to review and diagnose how an organisation performs against best practice, in order to deliver an excellent organisational culture. The methodology used in the Business Excellence diagnostic is based on the EFQM Excellence Model. The EFQM Excellence Model is a registered Trademark. SC21 acknowledges the EFQM copyright and is grateful for the permission granted to reproduce the EFQM Excellence Model in full within this document.
- Determining Excellence, cost € 35.00 payable to EFQM (link)
- EFQM Excellence Model 2013, cost € 30.00 payable to EFQM (link)
Training is required prior to use, to ensure consistent deployment and licensing control of the diagnostic tools.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE MANEX AND BUSEX DIAGNOSTICS?
- Helps an organisation identify its current position and determine future directions and priorities.
- Allow comparisons with the achievements of other organisations.
- Encourage an organisation to monitor its progress on a regular basis.
- Assess whether all members of a management team have the same view of the organisation’s achievements and weaknesses.
- Create a focus for agreeing improvement priorities.
- Ensure that the organisation is not over-stressed by too many improvement actions.
- Provides a benchmark against recognised models for excellence.
- Evaluates the use and effectiveness of key processes, tools & techniques in the business.
- Identifies strengths and opportunities in a structured programme of continuous improvement.
RECOGNITION OF OTHER PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMMES
Where an organisation engaged on SC21 has already undertaken diagnostics similar to Manufacturing and Business Excellence, we will actively commit to avoiding duplicate diagnostics.
Companies are encouraged to perform a gap analysis using the SC21 programme diagnostics against those which they have already used. Significant gaps mean that a full deployment of the SC21 diagnostics are required. However, if the gaps are less significant a desktop review by an approved SC21 training practitioner may be all that is required. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis.